A staple food in every Indian household, ghee is used primarily for cooking. In India, almost all mothers slather ghee on parathas as a way of boosting children's growth. From breakfast favorites, like paratha, toast, and coffee, to dinner favorites, such as everyday sabzis and daals, chapatis and rotis, and even popular desserts, ghee adds a distinct flavor and aroma to many amazing dishes. The Gir Cow Ghee is a type of ghee that is known to increase bone density, promote growth and development, and prevent bad cholesterol. The Keto Diet is one that relies heavily on fats - the key to this diet is to trigger the process called ketosis which allows your body to use your fat as energy, instead of relying on carbohydrates. This is why Gir Cow Ghee is the best ghee for keto diet as it is rich in healthy fats and protein required in many keto recipes.
Why is A2 Gir Cow Ghee so popular?
A2 Gir ghee is made using the nutritious A2 milk of the Gir cows found in Gir, Gujarat, and is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and other vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients, including vitamin B12, vitamin C, protein, iron, and calcium. The A2 milk of Gir cows contains Beta-casein protein, which makes Gir cow ghee easier to digest, especially for those with lactose intolerance, and gives it a lot of health benefits. Let's look at some of these benefits:
Health Benefits of A2 Gir Ghee:
• Enhances Immunity: The vitamins present in Gir Ghee, such as Vitamin A2, Vitamin D, and Omega 3 boost immunity and build the body's overall resistance.
• Aids Bone Development: Gir Ghee contains high levels of Vitamin D that may enhance bone health and development.
• Improves Digestion: In the body, butyric acid aids digestion and reduces inflammation. Additionally, Gir Ghee is one of the easiest dairy fats for the body to digest.
• Reduces Inflammation: The butyrate enzymes and oral butyrates in Gir ghee have anti-inflammatory properties and can be soothing for the body.
For a long time now, the keto diet has been the rage in town! One of the best parts of this diet is that you do not have to give up some of your favorite foods. This is a dietary plan that emphasizes foods high in fats, adequate levels of protein, and few carbohydrates. The goal of a keto diet is to obtain more calories from fat than from carbohydrates, so the Gir ghee is a great addition. Here are a few delicious keto recipes using ghee that can help with this diet:
Scrumptious Palak Paneer
Palak Paneer is a quintessentially Indian dish that is well-known even globally. A lot of restaurants serve it and this dish is perfect for those on a Keto diet. Here is the Palak Paneer keto diet recipe, spiced up with some green chilies and a dash of Gir Ghee.
• 250 g of paneer
• 4 tbsp of Gir Cow ghee
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
• A pinch of Asafoetida
• 2-3 chopped green chilies
• 1 onion, roughly chopped
• 1 tomato, roughly chopped
• 4 cups of spinach, chopped
• 4 cloves of garlic
• 1-inch ginger, finely chopped
• Salt to taste
• 2 tsp garam masala
• 1 tbsp of fresh cream (optional)
• In a pan, heat the ghee. Add the cumin seeds, green chilies, and asafoetida to the ghee and saute.
• Add the chopped onions and cook until pink, and then add the tomatoes and cook until soft.
• Add in the spinach, cover the pan and cook for 2 minutes. After cooking the spinach for 5-7 minutes, allow the mixture to cool. Make a smooth paste by blending the ingredients. If necessary, add a tablespoon of water.
• Transfer the paste to the same pan again and add salt. Taste the paste before adding salt because spinach is already salty. Add the garam masala.
• Cut the paneer into cubes and combine with the gravy. Just before serving, add a dash of fresh cream, this step is optional. Serve hot with some rice or roti!
Keto-Friendly Mint and Chili Paneer Appetizer
What food lover would not like a nice, spicy paneer appetizer? This crowd-pleasing appetizer is packed with protein and has refreshing flavors. If you have guests on a keto diet, this is a dish they can't refuse! You can serve this paneer as a starter as well or as a filling for sandwiches and rolls.
• 250g paneer
• ½ cup mint leaves
• ½ cup coriander leaves
• 2-3 green chilies
• 1 tbsp pink salt or as per taste
• Cumin powder
• 2 tbsp curd
• 3 tbsp Gir Cow Ghee
• Slice the paneer into 2-inch pieces.
• In a mixer, blend green chilies, mint and coriander leaves, cumin powder, and pink salt to make a smooth paste. Mix the curd into the green paste.
• Marinate the paneer pieces in the paste for 15 minutes to 1 hour. Once they are marinated, heat two tablespoons of Gir ghee on a grilling pan or a non-stick flat surface. Grill the paneer for 2 minutes until lightly golden brown on each side. The leftover marinade can be used as a chutney!
Keto Bullet Coffee
Having a cup of Keto Bullet Coffee in the morning is a perfect way to start your day. It is satisfying, frothy, and creamy. It is the perfect way to use ghee in keto diet and is delicious!
• 1 cup hot coffee
• 1 tbsp Gir Cow Ghee
• Pour hot coffee into a blender, add the Gir cow ghee. Blend it for 20 seconds or until completely blended together.
• Pour into a heat-safe coffee mug. Enjoy!
Keto Special Cookies
The perfect low-carb savory and sweet treat to satisfy your sweet tooth! If you're craving a cookie, this recipe is perfect for you.
• 1/3 cup (80mL) Virgin Coconut Oil
• 1/2 cup (104g) Gir Cow Ghee
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 3/4 cup Jaggery Powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 3 cups (336g) almond flour
• Set the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Combine the coconut oil and ghee in a medium bowl with an electric mixer. You can add the eggs and vanilla extract after you've added the jaggery powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Continue mixing until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
• Pour 1 cup of almond flour at a time into the mixing bowl and mix again.
• Roll the dough into balls and place them on a prepared baking sheet.
•Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Before serving, remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
Gir Cow Ghee is one of the most healthy ghee for daily consumption owing to the nutritious A2 milk that it is made from, alongside the healthy fats and Beta-casein protein that is present in it. It is the perfect addition to a keto diet as it provides healthy fat-soluble vitamins that facilitate the absorption of nutrients from food. Additionally, Gir ghee promotes healthy skin as well as helps with ulcers and other digestive issues. Aside from the health benefits, Gir ghee is an aromatic and flavorful addition to any dish, and can easily be incorporated into everyday cooking. Try out some of these recipes if you are following a keto diet!