If you’re on a journey to weight loss, diet is extremely important while you’re practicing those strenuous workouts. To attain a healthy weight, changing your dietary habits is inevitable. Among the variety of recipes available that aid weight loss, there are very few ideas for healthy snacking. Healthy snacks play a vital role in the longevity of your diet. The easier it is to make a healthy snack, the more we enjoy it.
Markets are full of self-claimed healthy snacks that are indeed processed and unhealthy. Snacks that are healthy and can aid in weight loss are not easy to come by. So here are a few healthy snack recipes for weight loss that are easy to make and healthy to consume!
Apples and Almonds!
When we say easy, healthy snack recipes, we mean it! This three-ingredient snack will help keep your cravings at bay. The rich vitamins from the apples and the delicious nuttiness of the almonds go hand in hand. Did you know almonds are a great source of Vitamin E?
The best part about this snack is that it takes only 20 minutes to make. Here’s how:
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into wedges
- 12 cups raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon natural honey
- Roast the almonds in a pan for 5–10 minutes
- Pour the almonds into a blender and blend till they form a paste
- Pause, add honey, and continue blending
- Once it reaches the desired consistency, scoops out the almond butter
- Dip your apple slices in the creamy almond butter
- You can now enjoy your tasty and quick healthy snack
The richness of the almond butter also complements a slice of bread or toast. By using these natural ingredients, you will surely gain essential nutrients while it controls your hunger pangs. If you’re not a fan of almonds you can try the same recipe with natural cashews too.
Himalayan Natives provide 100% natural foods that are free from adulteration. You can head to our website to know more but only after you’ve finished reading about these healthy recipes.
Almonds in Dark Chocolate
This decadent yet healthy snack recipe is perfect for those Sunday night blues. With just 3 natural ingredients, this healthy snack will have you wanting more. The antioxidants in both dark chocolate and almonds help detox your body. Wondering how we can get started with this easy recipe?
- 14 cups natural almonds
- 14 cups dark chocolate chips or 1 dark chocolate bar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a microwave-safe bowl, break pieces of dark chocolate (or pour in the dark chocolate chips)
- Add coconut oil and place it in the microwave
- Heat the chocolate for 40 seconds, pausing every 10 seconds to stir
- Once the chocolate reaches the consistency of a thick and lump-less sauce, you’re ready to coat the almonds
- Now take the almonds and pour them into the bowl of chocolate. Ensure you coat them thoroughly
- Now place the almonds on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Make sure each almond is kept separately
- Now keep the tray in the fridge for 4 hours
- After 4 hours, your yummy healthy snack is ready to devour
This healthy snack not only helps feed your hunger but is also a great energy booster before a run or a workout. Make sure you use the most natural ingredients so that you compromise with neither taste nor health. The type of coconut oil you use will also affect the flavor of this snack. Make sure you use natural and organic virgin coconut oil. Stay prepared to get showered with some compliments while you share this healthy dessert with your family and friends!
Cashew butter-stuffed dates
In the mood for a sweet treat? Well, we wouldn't recommend any processed sugars, of course. Natural sugars, however, work best when you’re trying to lose weight but need to satiate that sweet tooth. This healthy snack recipe features only two ingredients and would take only about 10 minutes to make. Before we start, does anyone know what a nut wears at home? Cashew-als !
- 14 cups raw cashew
- Dates (as desired)
- In a pan, roast cashews for 5 minutes
- Pour the roasted cashews into a blender and blend well
- Make sure it turns into a paste
- Now slit the dates and remove the seeds
- With a dessert spoon, scoop some cashew butter and fill the slit
- Once you fill in all the dates, your yummy cashew butter dates are ready to enjoy
This recipe is not only perfect for sweet treats but also helps the body catch up on essential nutrients. Did you know that dates have almost zero fat? Providing you with potassium, calcium, iron, and vitamin K, this healthy snack has it all! The sweetness of the dates and the decadent cashew butter fit the bill for healthy snacks for weight loss cravings.
Raisin spread on toast
If you’re feeling super lazy and have a loaf of buckwheat flour bread or wholewheat bread, this is the perfect recipe for you! Using the most natural and healthy ingredients, this recipe takes only 15 minutes. What’s most impressive is how you don't need to use any processed sugar! Waiting to find out how you can make raisin spread?
Let’s get started!
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pure honey
- Toasted buckwheat flour bread (or normal bread)
- In a blender, add raisins and honey
- Blend until a smooth jam-like consistency is achieved
- Scoop it out of the blender and spread it on toasted bread
- Your healthy snack is ready to eat
This simple and quick recipe suits anyone who wants to switch from nut butter or has a nut allergy. This snack is super healthy, providing you with nutrients like calcium, iron, and essential vitamins. You can also make a big batch of this spread by tripling the amounts and storing them in an airtight jar. The spread, if placed in a cool area, will last for 3–4 months. You may also add spices like cardamom or cinnamon to it if you’d like.
Banana nut mixture
If you’re in the middle of something and need a quick nutritional snack, this is the one to beat. With just a few natural ingredients, this sweet and crunchy snack will help energize you for the day. Here is how you can get started!
- Banana (chopped)
- 2 tbsp natural almonds
- 2 tbsp cashews (natural)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp multi-floral raw honey
- In a blender, add cashews and almonds
- Pulse twice or till it reaches a rough-dry consistency
- Now, in a bowl, add your chopped banana, the nut powder, and chia seeds
- Give it a good mix
- Top it off with some natural honey
- Your healthy snack bowl is ready to devour
This healthy snack helps you gain the energy you need before you begin your day. With abundant proteins, healthy sugars, and calcium, this healthy snack recipe has it all. This recipe is a perfect mid-meal snack, a quick breakfast, and a great pre-workout meal! You can replace honey with natural powdered jaggery for a different flavor.
Still not sure about the kind of diet you want to follow? Read our blog about What is intermittent fasting and how does it impact our body?
While going through your weight loss journey, focus on leading a healthy lifestyle. Dietary changes are expected. However, the right foods will give you great results. Having delicious and healthy meals and snacks will provide you with the necessary nutrients. Healthy snacks also help your body catch up on any calorie deficits. We at Himalayan Natives believe that natural ingredients make the yummiest and healthiest foods!
Before you go, check out this ghee-Licious Thattai recipe on our Instagram!