Pasta is available in over 600 shapes and sizes. But the popular ones are Spaghetti, Macaroni, and Fusilli. If you think healthy pasta recipes are limited to 2-3 varieties we shall introduce you to more delicious Pasta recipes in this blog.
Pasta dishes are filling and often considered comfort food. We might have explored them in either saucy (tomato-based) or creamy (cheese-based) styles, but select chefs have experimented and crafted new, share-worthy variants that deserve mention. Before we get started here are a few tips & tricks to consider while making easy pasta recipes with few ingredients
- Roasting the pasta before cooking to enhance the flavor. This gives it an unusual smoky and nutty flavor. This has been recommended by a few Italian chefs.
- Bring water to boil on a ‘large-sized utensil’ and add salt as a seasoning. Salt prevents the pasta from becoming slimy. Don’t rinse the pasta under cold water, as the starch gets washed away as well. A small vessel would cook the pasta properly.
- Buckwheat flour does not contain gluten, Buckwheat Pasta is a good choice for people following a gluten-free diet.
- Adding a pinch of baking soda can help cut down the bitterness of the sauce. Tomato seeds and skin are known to make the sauce bitter.
Now let’s get on with our healthy pasta recipes! These are easy recipes with few ingredients only.
Tomatoey Goodness !
This vegan pasta recipe includes the simplest of veggies and freshest of flavors! The natural ingredients in this healthy pasta recipe make the dish easy to cook. Here is how you make this delicious and healthy pasta:
- 1 cup buckwheat flour pasta
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of natural cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of herbs - basil, thyme, and rosemary
- 1 bowl of chopped red & yellow bell peppers
- 2-3 diced spring onions
- Soak the cashews for 15 mins
- Once the cashews have soaked, drain the water and rinse them
- Boil the pasta as per instructions
- Keep aside 1 cup of pasta water
- To prepare the sauce, blend the cashew nuts and other ingredients in a blender
- You may add pasta water to thin the sauce a bit
- Add salt, lemon juice, pepper, and herbs
- Saute the sauce with bell peppers, spring onions, and onions
- Add the pasta to the sauce and mix well
- Add coconut milk to add flavor and richness to the dish
Vegan pasta is slightly lower in calories than pasta made with eggs. Olive oil is mostly recommended for cooking pasta. As an alternative, you can try to use Virgin Coconut Oil, from Himalayan Natives. Coconut oil has many benefits for your heart’s health. Because of its natural flavors, this pasta will surely have your family asking for more!
Sunny Soy Pasta
This easy buckwheat flour pasta recipe has natural ingredients that are healthy and yummy! Using soy instead of dairy helps give depth to the dish. The healthiest ingredients provide the most natural flavors. Let’s see how we can make this delicious pasta!
- 1 ½ tbsp of coconut oil
- 250 gms of buckwheat flour pasta
- 75 gms of soya chunks
- 250 gms of cottage cheese (paneer)
- 1 big bowl filled with chopped carrots, spring onions, celery, and mushrooms
- 1 tbsp of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of red chili flakes
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Cook the buckwheat flour pasta and keep aside a ladle of pasta water
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, add all the chopped veggies into the pan, and saute for 5 minutes
- Soak soya chunks along with mushroom or paneer cubes. Keep the stock of paneer/mushroom to prepare the sauce
- Add the herbs to the paneer stock
- To it, pour tomato puree and simmer on low flame for 30 minutes
- Mix the sauteed veggies into the sauce
- Serve over a bed of boiled pasta
- Garnish with some oregano or herbs of your choice and your pasta is ready
Meatballs can be replaced with soya chunks and paneer cubes in the classic dish. This is a healthy pasta recipe that is rich in proteins. Natural ingredients like coconut oil can also be replaced with A2 ghee!
Slurpy Soupy Pasta
This is not just a regular soup recipe. This healthy pasta recipe calls for the comfort of homemade soup. It also brings about the health benefits from the natural ingredients! Let’s check out how we can make this delicious soup.
- 1 cup half-cooked buckwheat flour pasta
- 1 cup of boiled Sweet Corn
- 1 cup of Green Beans (cleaned and cut)
- 1 cup of tomato puree
- 1 big bowl of sliced Beetroot, Carrots, and Potatoes
- 1 tbsp of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- 2 tbsp coconut oil / A2 desi ghee
- Add sweetcorn, green beans, beetroot, carrots, and potatoes in a pot and saute with coconut oil or A2 ghee for 5 mins
- Now add some hot water to the pot and let the veggies simmer
- Add tomato puree for a tangy and thick texture
- To it add your fresh herbs and seasoning - rosemary and salt
- Now, add half-cooked buckwheat flour pasta to the soup
- Stir well and let it cook for 5 mins
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with cilantro or dill leaves
- Your soup is now ready to be enjoyed
A big bowl of this soup would serve as a delicious dinner. A smaller portion could be served as an appetizer coupled with cheese garlic bread. This one-pot solution if you are hungry and craving a soupy pasta dish as a wholesome meal. A healthy pasta soup recipe can be an alternative to a midnight snack recipe. But, if you’re not in the mood for soup at night read our blog about Healthy & Hassle-Free- Delicious Food To Satisfy Those Late Night Munchies!
Pasta is considered a nutrition-filled comfort food across the globe. Italians and Americans consume a lot of pasta. But many cafes and restaurants in India, serve limited healthy options under a budget. You can prepare these buckwheat flour pasta at home. They do not require much preparation time and a quick and healthy meal. Try adding pasta dishes to your weekend plans and enjoy the heavenly taste at home.
For more information on healthy foods, you can check out these interesting facts about A2 ghee on our Instagram!