We've all been there, done with the bedtime routine, started to wind down, climbed into bed ready to sleep, only for your stomach to grumble unmercifully. We frequently face the challenge of deciding whether it's worth getting up to eat, and if so, what nutritious late-night snacks are available to satisfy those hunger pangs while still being healthy. Snacking at night affects our nutritional status, so making sure that you are munching on healthy and natural foods is important.
Here are 3 healthy late-night snack choices to help you listen to your body's demands while also providing it with the nutrition it needs to feel good.
Spread the sweetness!
What’s the worst thing that could happen when you’re about to make the perfect jam sandwiches for your late-night snack? Being out of a jam of course! Do not worry we have the perfect and easy spread for your late-night cravings! All you need are some natural ingredients that you’ll have at home. Here’s how you can make a healthy raisin spread.
- ¾ cup raisins
- 3 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp natural jaggery powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- In a blender add some raisins, water, cocoa powder, and jaggery powder
- Blend the ingredients for 1 min or until a smooth paste is formed
- You may add more raisins or water as per your wish. The consistency should resemble that of strawberry jam.
- Once the texture is perfect your raisin spread is ready for your toast!
This delicious natural spread is a chocolate lover's favorite late-night snack. Easy to put together and healthy to eat, this recipe takes only 15 minutes to create! Make sure you buy natural jaggery powder online. Having this spread on bread toasted lightly with desi ghee helps bring out the most natural flavors of raisins and jaggery powder.
Banana toast that is post-ready!
The perfect option for a healthy late-night snack that’s quick to make and healthy! This banana toast is a little different as it combines the healthy proteins and vitamins from the banana, the rich antioxidants from natural jaggery, and healthy nutrients from the buckwheat bread. Here’s how you can make this delicious toast.
- Buckwheat or multigrain bread
- Desi ghee
- 1 tbsp mashed chana dal
- ½ tsp Jaggery powder
- Banana or plantains ( ripe)
- Toast buckwheat bread with some natural desi ghee.
- In a bowl take mashed channa and mix in jaggery powder.
- Now slice the banana into medium thick pieces.
- Fry the slices in ghee until the edges are golden brown.
- Spread the channa paste on the bread.
- Place the caramelized banana slices on top.
- Your banana buckwheat toast is ready!
This toast is perfect to satisfy healthy late-night munchies. As another healthy snack recipe, this one would be perfect if you have a sweet tooth. The proteins in the channa and buckwheat provide a good source of nutrients that you may not have gotten during the day. Try drizzling some natural multi-floral honey and organic nuts like almonds and cashews to add a bit of crunch!
Garlic toast for a spooky hour!
This recipe is by far the easiest to make for your late-night snack. All you need are some fresh ingredients and natural cow ghee. Here’s how you can get started with your delicious and aromatic garlic toast
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of desi ghee
- Pinch of pink salt
- Chopped parsley
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together salt and desi cow ghee.
- Now mince some garlic and add to the ghee.
- Mix well with a fork or spatula.
- Spread on a piece of bread and place in the preheated oven for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins carefully take out the garlic toast.
- Sprinkle some parsley on.
- And voila! Your garlic toast is ready to enjoy.
This healthy garlic toast is the perfect savory treat your taste buds deserve before bed. The natural cow ghee and the aroma of the garlic bring together a beautiful medley of savor and sweetness. The natural desi cow ghee also poses as a healthy.
Try having these with amazing summertime drinks. Add A Splash Of Fun With These Summertime Coolers!
These buckwheat flour recipes are perfect healthy options for late-night snacks. We often do not pay attention to the nutritious values of the food we eat. We end up having the most harmful chemicals just because it's easier to make. But, let's keep in mind that making healthy and nutritious foods is made easy with Himalayan Natives. We believe that eating naturally not only improves our health but also enhances the flavor of our dishes. Check out this awesome ice cream recipe on our Instagram!