As summer kicks in and the temperature gets higher we often turn to meals and snacks that have a cooling effect on our body and mind. Whether we have our meals inside with our family or on the patio where the kids can play, enjoying delicious coolers and icy recipes makes the day all the more enjoyable. Make summer meals with your family even better with our hassle-free recipes using the most natural ingredients. Natural and organic food products like basil seeds, chia seeds, coconut oil, and ghee really contribute to making a beautiful summer spread that doesn’t make you melt away.
Summer might be enticing because of clear skies, family picnics, and longer days but, we should also keep in mind not to get dehydrated. Dehydration can have an adverse effect on our health. The best way to keep ourselves hydrated is by drinking at least 8 glasses of water daily and eating healthy nutritious foods. Fruits like watermelon, cucumber, oranges, and pineapples can help us stay hydrated. Having chilled fruits like grapes and even berries can contribute to hydration and nourishment with a positive impact on our health. Here are some mouth-watering, and cool recipes that serve as the healthiest summer-time meals with the family!
Basil Seed Salad
When it comes to a healthy and filling meal on a hot day nothing can beat a bowl of delicious salad. This sweet basil seeds salad needs no heat for preparation. Here’s how you can prepare this flavorful salad with the most natural ingredients.
- Soak the natural basil seeds in water for 16- 19 minutes.
- Wash and dice mango and tomatoes into bite-size pieces.
- Add washed baby carrots.
- Mix the swollen basil seeds and fruits in a bowl.
- Drizzle coconut oil over it.
- Add pink salt to taste.
During the hot summer months, we must keep ourselves hydrated. The salad provides a healthy splash of hydration and nutrients. You can also add some soaked Chia seeds and chat masala for an Indian chia seeds recipe. For a touch of tangy goodness, you can also drizzle on some apple cider vinegar dressing!.
Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
If you’re bored using your regular salad dressing we got just the recipe for you! An apple cider vinegar recipe that’s so good it will make any boring salad the star at the dinner table. Let’s try dressing our salads up with a yummy and tart apple cider vinegar dressing. Here's how :
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp desi ghee
- Pinch of Pink salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a blender
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
A salad dressing that not just helps keep our body cool from the inside but also on the outside! Guess what? Ingredients like apple cider vinegar and ghee not only contribute as excellent immunity boosters but also help improve skin conditions.
Honey Mojito Pops
Who doesn't crave a refreshing minty mojito on a devastatingly hot summer's day? Ever noticed, the hot weather makes the cool drink warm within just a few minutes!. Here is the easiest and healthiest virgin mojito with a honey recipe.
- ¼ cup Mint leaves
- ½ Lemon juice
- 4 tbs honey
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups water
- Pink salt to taste
- Mix the lemon juice, water, honey, and mint leaves in a blender and blend well.
- Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Add in some chia seeds for extra crunch!
- Pour the juice into popsicle trays and freeze overnight ( 6 hours ).
- Now your healthy mojito popsicles are ready.
Organic food products like Mint, lemon, and water help flush out any toxins or impurities built up in your body. Honey is a great antioxidant that helps heal the body internally. This honey recipe popsicle not only helps cool down your body but also serves as a healthy and delicious snack.
Wouldn't a bowl of healthy and cold cream on a hot summer's day be refreshing? Yes sir! What if we told you that we got a recipe for everyone to enjoy?
Enjoy This almond recipe on a scalding hot summer's day. This almond sweet is the perfect healthy option to stop you from melting away in the heat. Here's how you can make some :
- 1 ½ cup soaked almonds
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup almond/cashew milk
- Dash of salt
- Keep a mixing bowl in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl.
- Use an electric hand mixer and start beating the mixture until completely frothy.
- The mix should coat the back of your spoon.
- Pop the mix into the refrigerator for 4 hours or until chilled to desired consistency.
This creamy-dreamy delight surely brings about a cool spin on your day. Besides being a great way to spend time with your kids while preparing it, it also helps in other ways! Almonds are a great source of protein that helps strengthen memory.
Chia Seeds Smoothie Bowl
We at Himalayan Natives decided to save the best of last! A chia seed recipe that's fit for a king/queen. Healthy & cool to its very core, a chia seed smoothie bowl is the best alternative to hot oatmeal. With fewer calories and more nutrients here is the coolest chia seed recipe :
- Soak chia seeds in almond milk for 20 mins.
- Take frozen raisins and some water and mix in a blender.
- The raisin paste should be a thick light paste ( consistency of cake almond cake batter).
- Now fold in the raisin paste and swollen chia seeds into the almond cream.
- Refrigerate overnight
- Your cool and nutty breakfast bowl is ready!
A perfect way to start a summer's day! This chia seed recipe helps to flush out any unwanted toxins in your body from the night before. Cooling and refreshing your system for the day just got a lot healthier.
We’ve got more Chia Seed Recipes: Make Chia Pudding Like A Gourmet Chef!
Check out this gorgeous honey banana smoothie on our Instagram!
There are many other ways to keep yourself feeling as cool as a cucumber during the summers. This summer let’s stick to organic food products. And make the most of natural ingredients! The coolest way to stay healthy is by indulging in natural ingredients and getting creative!