Eating natural food tremendously improves your health, gives you a lot more energy, and also boosts your mood! Chia Seeds are one such superfood that might look very little but have excellent nutritional value. In fact, they offer benefits beyond their nutrition value. They are power-packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, protein, calcium, iron, zinc, fiber, and antioxidants. These seeds when eaten in combination with a healthy diet can help prevent many chronic diseases.
Chia seeds have a mild nutty flavor and a dense crunchy texture. Because of their extremely subtle taste they can be easily incorporated into both sweet and savory dishes. Many people add these seeds to their beverages to make tasty and healthy chia seed drinks. All you need to do is mix them into your drink and let them soak in for about 20 minutes. Soaking chia seeds makes them swell up and they hold liquid up to 12 times their weight. Consumption of soaked chia seeds also helps in prolonging hydration. Similarly, you can add them to your yogurts, desserts, cereals, and oats. Chia seeds can also be added to your salads for an extra dose of health. See how in our Instagram post here.
I mostly enjoy them in my puddings. We have compiled some chia seed pudding recipes for you that will help you incorporate them into your diet. It will add a little crunchiness and lots of nutrients to your puddings.
Cardamom Coconut Chia Pudding
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1.5 cups light coconut milk
- Honey or jaggery as per taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 strawberries, sliced
- 3 to 4 raspberries
- 2 teaspoons nuts of your choice.
- In two glasses, equally divide the chia seeds, coconut milk, honey, and ground cinnamon.
- Mix everything and get rid of any lumps.
- Cover and chill the glasses for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Remove the glasses and stir again to break any lumps that may have formed.
- The pudding would have thickened by now.
- Garnish with berries and nuts.
- Serve immediately.
- Granola and Fig Chia Pudding
Granola and Fig Chia Pudding
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Honey, 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract (1/2 teaspoon)
- a half teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- To make the pudding, whisk together the coconut milk, honey, vanilla, and salt in a medium mixing bowl until smooth.
- Mix in the chia seeds thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the pudding for two hours, stirring once halfway through this period.
- Stir the pudding thoroughly, then serve in dishes with granola and sliced figs.
- Chocolate Mango Chia Pudding
Chocolate Mango Chia Pudding
- 13 pitted dates
- 3 cups milk
- ⅔ cups cashews
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups mango yogurt
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- Flaky pink salt
- Sliced strawberries for garnishing
- Blend dates, cashews, milk, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon in a blender on high speed until smooth.
- Transfer this mixture to a jar or container with a lid. Stir in chia seeds. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours.
- Meanwhile, stir yogurt and ¼ cup maple syrup or honey in a bowl.
- To serve, layer a few spoonfuls of chia pudding and this mango yogurt alternately in a glass of your choice.
- Drizzle with honey or maple syrup and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Dust with cinnamon and garnish using strawberries.
Try these simple chia seed puddings and impress everyone around. They look like it's a lot of effort and hard work but only you know how simple they are to prepare. Enjoy it with your friends and family and get ready to get ample compliments. You can also read our blog about 6 Healthy And Easy Veg Quinoa Recipes For Your Next Meal to try your hands on some more compliment-worthy recipes.