Honey is amongst the most popular and widely used natural sweeteners. The smell, taste, and color of honey vary depending on the source of nectar visited by the honeybee. Apart from being a natural sweetener, it is rich in vitamins such as ascorbic acid, pantothenic acid, niacin, riboflavin. It also contains minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. It is used in home remedies to treat cold and cough and is also used for alternative treatments as it contains antioxidants and has antibacterial and antifungal properties. With so many health benefits to offer it is rightly called liquid gold. Honey is made by bees in a fascinating way. The honeybees collect nectar from flowers, take it to their beehives and regurgitate it. They then process it with their digestive juices. The honey is then deposited into tiny, waxy storage units called honeycombs.
Head over to our Instagram if you’d like to see how is Himalayan Natives multi-floral honey is sourced.
The delicious flavor of this nature's sweet nectar can add a distinct taste to your recipes. It is a healthier substitute for sugar and can help with the overall health and wellbeing of the body. A good way to consume it regularly is by mixing it with warm water and drinking this glass of goodness on an empty stomach. This acts as the ultimate detox to boost your digestive system and may aid in weight loss too.
Apart from this detox drink, you can add it to your desserts, yogurts, ice creams, and mostly everything that uses sugar as an ingredient. There are many recipes that can be prepared by using this natural sweetener. We are sharing honey recipes for three of the most common and all-time favorite dishes that everyone enjoys eating.
Honey Chili Potato Recipe:
Honey chili potato is made from crisp and deep-fried potato wedges or slices. It belongs to the Indo-Chinese cooking palette. It is coated in honey, chili sauce, vinegar, and soy sauce, which makes it an excellent snack or appetizer. Its crunchy, sweet, and spicy taste makes it a favorite amongst many.
- 2 potatoes (sliced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- ½ tsp pepper (crushed)
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1-inch ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 green chili (slit)
- 4 tbsp spring onion (chopped)
- ¼ onions (petals)
- ½ capsicum (cubed)
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame / til (roasted)
- Firstly, in a pan, heat 2 tsp oil and saute garlic, ginger, green chilies, and spring onion.
- After that saute ¼ onions and ½ capsicum on high flame.
- Now, add the chili sauce, tomato sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, and ¼ tsp salt.
- Saute on high flame for 30 seconds.
- Once you are done with the saute, mix 1 tbsp cornflour in ¼ cup water without any lumps.
- Pour the cornflour mixture and stir continuously till it turns translucent.
- Switch off the flame and add 2 tbsp honey and mix well.
- Add fried potato and mix gently.
- You can also add 2 tbsp spring onions and 1 tsp roasted sesame seeds.
Voila! Your honey chili potato is ready. Serve hot and enjoy!
Honey Amla Recipe
Amla honey recipe is one of the healthiest recipes you can try. It is a healthier form of the Indian Murabba. Amla is a rich source of Vitamin C and contains various health benefits. Its nutritional value tremendously increases when consumed with honey. You can have it guilt-free at any time of the day when you’re craving something sweet.
- 7 large amla
- Glass bottle(preferably)
- Wash and pat dry the Amlas.
- Using a sharp knife, slice them.
- Insert the sharp tip of the knife and scoop out the seed in the middle.
- Make sure the bottle you are going to use is clean and dry and keep it ready
- Pour the honey into the bottle along with the amla.
- Leave it soaked for at least 5 to 8 days before consuming so that it becomes soft and easier for you to consume.
The Honey Cake Recipe
For The Cake:
- All-Purpose Flour / Maida - 300 gm
- Baking Powder - 1 tbsp
- Butter - 50 gm
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 400 gm
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Curd / Yogurt - 50 ml
- Milk - 200 ml
For The Syrup
- Honey- 100 gm
- Water - 100 gm
- Pineapple Essence - 1/2 tsp
- Whipped cream- 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl mix the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl add butter, vanilla, and condensed milk and beat until creamy.
- Add curd and beat well.
- Now using a spatula, mix 1/3 of the milk into the butter mixture.
- Add 1/2 the flour and whisk until combined.
- Repeat the process once and then finish off with the remaining batch of milk.
- Pour into a greased and lined cake pan.
- Bake for about 30 - 35 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Loosen the sides using a knife.
- Flip it onto a wire rack, remove the lining paper and allow it to cool completely.
- While the cake is baking, you need to make the syrup.
- Mix honey in warm water and add the vanilla essence.
- Once the cake is cool, place it on a tray and trim the top with a serrated knife.
- Poke a few holes and pour the syrup and soak the cake.
- Garnish it with a whipped cream topping.
Enjoy this delicious cake with your family and friends!
Honey is loved and used all around the world due to its sweetness, its distinct flavor, and its nutritional benefits. Honey consumed in its raw form is the most beneficial. Read our blog for a better understanding of The difference between raw vs processed honey and how they affect your health.
If you are someone who likes to try new and exciting recipes do try these amazing honey recipes which will not only satisfy your sweet tooth but also provide you with a sense of joy and will surely win your hearts!