Are you searching for healthy Indian dessert recipes this Rakshabandhan to sweeten your sibling's day? What if we tell you, that we have curated five such dessert recipes that anyone can make easily. With the festive season around the corner, brace yourself for easy dessert Rakshabandhan recipes that can be made quickly. We know how important the festival Rakhi is, not only for celebrating the special bond but also for spending quality time with family.
It is said that “A sibling is a friend given by nature”, so what better than making natural healthy dessert recipes this Rakshabandhan for your brother or sister?
The thought of healthy eating is often pushed aside and overlooked or referred to as a cheat day. But we assure you, you won’t need a cheat day to enjoy these delicious dessert recipes.
Want to know 5 Easy Dessert Recipes with Natural foods?
Now, who doesn’t love desserts, just like them our Rakhi festival is also filled with warmth, sweetness and love. The best part about Rakhi for sisters is the gifts that brothers whip up!
In addition to these gifts, brothers can go a step further and add a bit extra sweetness to this Happy Rakshabandhan with these dessert recipes.
Seviyan Kheer & Dry fruits and Nuts Recipe
Let’s start with our very own and favourite Seviyan Kheer which is also known as Sevai Ki Kheer or Semiya Kheer and is prepared for special occasions and festivals. Popularly known as Sevaiyan Payasam, in the southern part of India. This delicious kheer is an amazing combination of wheat vermicelli & milk and gets ready in under 15 minutes. For a creamy and fuss-free dessert, definitely give this a try.
- 1tbsp Desi Ghee
- 1 cup Seviyan (Vermicelli)
For making Kheer:
- 4 cups milk
- 7-8 tbsp sugar (add more or less as per your requirement)
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder (ground cardamom)
- 1 tablespoon almond slivers or almond slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped cashews – chopped (optional)
- 4 to 5 dried rose petals
- 10 to 12 saffron strands
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a pan, add few cloves and fry for 2 to 3 seconds. The addition of cloves is optional
- Add the broken seviyan
- Stir and roast seviyan on low to medium-low heat
- Roast until the seviyan strands turn golden brown
Making Seviyan Kheer:
- Pour milk into the pan and simmer it on low to medium-low heat, stir occasionally to avoid milk or seviyan sticking to the bottom of the pan
- Let the milk boil and then add 7 to 8 tbsp sugar or as per taste
- Mix very well to dissolve the sugar and add 10 to 12 saffron strands
- Now add 1 tbsp of sliced almonds and chopped cashews, mix well
- Then add ½ tsp cardamom powder, add 4 to 5 dried rose petals
- Cook the kheer mixture for 4 to 5 minutes until the seviyan gets cooked and the milk thickens.
- Switch off the heat and then add 1 tbsp of golden raisins. Mix again. Check the taste of seviyan kheer and if required you can add some more sugar
- Serve the seviyan kheer hot, warm or chilled. Sprinkle some chopped nuts or dried rose petals while serving, remember the Kheer will thicken if it cool downs
Raw Multifloral Honey Cake Recipe
It is a well-known dessert made famous by Indian bakeries. This super delicious honey cake recipe is sweetened and made with Pure Honey. This is healthier than other regular cakes. The crumb is so soft, light and full of flavour, you will find it hard to believe that you made this all by yourself without using unnatural ingredients.
The cake dough is made from buckwheat flour, and you really won’t find any difference in the taste and texture from other bakery-bought cakes.
- 1¼ cups buckwheat flour
- ½ tbsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup desi ghee (Oil Alternative)
- ⅓ cup grated coconut
For Honey Glaze
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rose water or drinking water
For Jam Glaze
- 3 tbsp of your choice of fruit jam
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
Making the Cake:
- Apply oil on a round pan
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes
- Take 1¼ buckwheat flour, add ½ teaspoon baking soda and 1 pinch salt.
- Sieve dry ingredients and keep them aside.
- In a bowl take 1 cup of cold water
- Add ½ cups sugar and mix well till it dissolves
- Then add ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon lime juice & apple cider vinegar
- Then add ¼ cup ghee and mix well
- Now add all the ingredients
- Sift and stir well to a smooth batter
- Pour the batter in the cake pan
- Place the pan in the preheated oven for 180 degrees celsius
- Bake the cake for 30 to 40 minutes till the top gets brown or golden
- Now remove it from the pan and keep on a flat board
- Then make tiny holes all over the cake using a pin or a toothpick & keep aside
Making Honey Glaze For Honey Cake
- In a bowl, take 3 tbsp honey
- Add 1 tbsp rose water or drinking water
- Mix very well with a spoon
Making Jam Glaze
- Take 3 tbsp jam in a pan
- Add 2 tspn of sugar and 2 tbsp water
- Heat this jam glaze mixture
- Add water and stir to make a consistent jam mixture
Making Honey Cake
- Spread the honey glaze all over the cake evenly and over the sides
- Spread mild warm jam glaze on top and sides of the cake
- Now sprinkle grated coconut all over the honey cake
- Let the jam glaze set for 15-20 min and then you can serve the cake in slices
Kesari Shrikhand Recipe
Try this unbelievable naturally sweetened honey recipe, Kesari Shrikhand which will leave your sibling and everyone in awe of its refreshing sweet taste. You might want to prepare a few things beforehand for this, but you need not worry as everything is mentioned in the recipe below.
- 1 kg low-fat yoghurt
- 6 tbsp Honey (preferably Raw Wildflower Honey)
- 3 tbsp of your favourite nuts (cashews and almonds)
- A few saffron strands and crushed cardamom seeds
- Take 2 large square cheese cloths in a large bowl
- Now pour yoghurt on the cheesecloth, and tie them up as a pouch
- Hang the pouch on top and let it drain in a bowl
- Now let the pouch sit for almost 4 hours
- Later, untie this pouch and scoop the yoghurt
- Now, add natural honey and nuts to this mixture
- Also, add Kesar and cardamom to this honey dish for a naturally sweet taste
- Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until it is thoroughly mixed
- Finally, cover and let it chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- Serve this chilled dessert to your sibling and family
The main ingredients used in all these recipes are 100% Pure & Natural from Himalayan Natives. The aim is to provide you with raw and unprocessed food products that add balanced nutrition to your daily diet.
Almond Coconut Barfi in Desi Ghee Recipe
This special day and this list is incomplete without a barfi sweet, and what better than the natural flavourful combo of Coconut, Almond and Desi Ghee? Blended with love and taste, this barfi is sure to be loved by your brother, sister and family.
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- 1/3 cup desi ghee
- Mix the coconut and almond mixture until it thickens
- Take a non-stick deep bottomed pan and add the mixture to it
- On medium flame, stir the mixture to avoid burning
- Add sugar and mix it well
- Reduce the flame and cook until the mixture gets a solid consistency, this will result into a dough like mixture
- Spread the mixture on a sheet and let it cool
- Do not forget to grease the baking sheet and shift the dough mixture into it
- Also grease your hands with ghee and with your hands even out the surface
- Let the mixture cool and then cut it into square or diamond-shaped pieces.
- Once completely cooled, enjoy this delicious barfi with your sibling and family
Banana Pancake with Jaggery Recipe
One of our favourite quick and easy breakfast or evening snack recipes. Perfectly soft on the inside and crispy on the outside, they taste sweet and are healthy. Made without any eggs, baking soda or baking powder. Using vitamin-rich bananas, buckwheat flour and a natural sweetener that we all love called Jaggery. You can easily store them in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ teaspoon of Saunf or fennel seeds
- 3 tbsp jaggery powder
- ¾ cup water
- Desi Ghee for heating & roasting.
- Peel the bananas and keep them in a bowl
- Now mash the bananas and add jaggery powder
- Then add buckwheat flour and lightly crushed saunf
- Add water in parts
- Start mixing it with flour
- Mix very well for a smooth batter without lumps. Remember to keep the consistency medium thick
Making Banana Pancakes
- Now spread ghee on a pan and heat the pan
- Remember to keep the heat low to medium.
- Pour a little batter on the pan and then gently spread it
- Cook the pancake on low to medium-low heat
- Drizzle it with dollops of ghee
- Let the base get brown, golden and slightly crisp, then turn over the banana pancake
- Repeat the above step
- Then place each cooked Jaggery pancake in a single layer on a baking sheet, and keep in an oven at the lowest temperature
- Your delicious pancakes are ready to serve, drizzle them with pure honey and enjoy!
If you enjoyed reading this healthy dessert recipe blog, we have another interesting blog for you to read: This Monsoon: Try Out These 5 Delightful Recipes.
We hope you find your sibling’s favourite Indian dessert recipe here with added nutrition and health using natural food products like Jaggery powder, Desi A2 Ghee, handpicked Dry fruits and nuts. Quickly make and share these dessert recipes with your family and loved ones.
While we are at it, it is important to note how important it is to use healthy food products in our everyday dishes and meals. They keep our body energetic and active because of the healthy proteins, plant compounds, natural nutrition and no added preservatives.
Also, binge-watch our Instagram post and know exactly how our Organic Ghee is made and why is it the best jar of ghee you can get in India.