Holi is just around the corner. It is celebrated as one of the most loved and vibrant festivals across India. Holi marks the triumph of good over evil and this year, let us strive to keep aside bad food habits and enrich our Holi special food items with the goodness of Himalayan Natives. When it comes to healthy eating, small changes can make a big difference. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
These easy-to-use delicious ingredients can help you enjoy healthy meals and desserts during the indulgent festive season. You will be consuming more nutrients while your dishes become more flavorful.
Choose Himalayan Salt over Regular Salt
What’s one ingredient we use in most foods? It’s salt. A vital component that is necessary for numerous biological processes and is used to season our meals. This Holi, let's replace the normal table salt with the Himalayan pink salt for our Holi special food. Himalayan pink salt has emerged as a viable alternative to ordinary salt, ostensibly because it is less strenuous on the body. Pink salt contains numerous trace minerals such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron. These minerals are extremely good for one's general health and are also responsible for the salt's natural pale pink tint.
- Loaded with Minerals - Himalayan pink salt powder contains minerals such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, and sodium, making it unique and healthier than normal table salt.
- Unrefined - Unlike refined sea salt, the Himalayan pink salt powder is not subjected to any chemical processing, such as bleaching or mineral removal.
- Directly–sourced - Pink salt rock crystals are discovered in the Himalayas and are mined straight from there. Pink salt (powder) has a pink tint due to the presence of iron oxides and other trace minerals.
So this Holi let’s make sure delicious dishes like Dahi Bhalla, Alu Poori, and Mathri are enriched in flavor with pink salt!.
Do check out our post on Instagram to know the difference between table salt and Himalayan Pink Salt a little better.
Replace All-Purpose Flour With Buckwheat Flour
Buckwheat Flour is a gluten-free whole grain flour with a characteristic earthy flavor. It can be used to create a distinct flavor profile in baked goods. Buckwheat is a carbohydrate that is strong in protein and fiber, both of which aid in digestion.It also aids in the retention of disease-fighting antioxidants and can aid in the reduction of cholesterol and blood pressure. Buckwheat cookies are the perfect definition for healthy and delicious snacks and they can be a delightful addition to your Holi special food spread.
Now let’s have a look at the benefits of including buckwheat flour in our diet.
- Good for the Heart - The high dietary fiber content of buckwheat flour aids in the regulation of blood pressure and the improvement of blood cholesterol levels.
- Gluten-Free - Buckwheat flour is gluten-free and ideal for celiac disease and grain sensitivity.
- Improves Digestion - The high fiber and niacin content of kuttu ka atta aids in the conversion of carbs, lipids, and protein into energy.
- Aids Weight Loss - Due to its low calorie and high protein content, kuttu ka atta helps keep a person fuller for extended periods of time, hence minimizing sudden and undesired cravings.
Now you can have a healthy meal by using this all-natural flour to cook your traditional Holi foods like naans, chapattis, and puran poli!
Choose Jaggery Over White Sugar
Jaggery is high in calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, and phosphorus, and it also contains trace levels of zinc, copper, thiamin, riboflavin, and niacin. Jaggery contains B vitamins, plant proteins, and a plethora of phytochemicals and antioxidants.
- Helps Relieve Constipation - Jaggery contains natural characteristics that stimulate the flow of digestive enzymes, which aids in both the prevention and relief of constipation. It also stimulates bowel movements and helps to clear the system.
- Detoxifies the Liver - Because it is a natural body cleanser, jaggery powder might aid in the detoxification of the liver. A tablespoon of jaggery at the conclusion of each meal can assist the digestive system stay robust and clear.
- Blood Purifier - One of the best natural blood purifiers is jaggery powder. Jaggery, whether in solid or powder form, can aid in the removal of toxins from the body and the cleansing of the circulation.
While making your favorite Holi special sweets use jaggery instead of white sugar.
Adding all-natural jaggery to desserts like gujiya, jalebi and barfi can help you enjoy your Holi sweets guilt-free!.
Replace Refined Oils With Himalayan Natives Cow Ghee
Ghee is produced by boiling butter at high temperatures and removing the milk residue, which removes a lot of lipids with it. Ghee, which is high in energy and healthful fats, can be used for cooking, making, and even frying. Butyric acid, which is found in ghee, helps to enhance your immune system and boost your body's immunity. Himalayan Natives’ 100 percent Natural Original Cow Ghee is filled with nourishment. It is made from the milk of free-range cows that graze entirely on mineral-rich grass, herbs, and medicinal plants. Replace your refined oil with ghee to cook or fry your Holi special sweets and snacks. They will not just make your food more delicious and add a great aroma but will also be much more healthy and nutritious.
- Improved Heart Health – Inflammation can induce blood vessel damage, which can lead to heart disease and stroke. Pure cow ghee contains omega 3 fatty acids, which help reduce inflammation and contribute to a healthier heart. Cow ghee also aids in the reduction of triglycerides, which are known to clog the arteries and cause heart disease.
- Burns Body Fat - Pure cow ghee contains Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), which boosts oxygen consumption and energy expenditure in the body. This increases the body's fat-burning capacity.
- Strong Bones — The naturally occurring Vitamin K2 in pure cow ghee aids in the strengthening of bones and teeth by assisting calcium deposit in the proper places. Cow ghee also helps to keep calcium from accumulating in soft tissues.
- Muscle Growth - Vitamins A and E are abundant in pure cow ghee. Vitamin A promotes muscle growth by assisting in protein synthesis and glycogen generation. Vitamin E counteracts the effects of free radicals in the body, which impede muscular growth.
Due to ghee's contribution to better health, we can add a dollop of richness to our malpua, mirchi bajji, aloo kulcha, and almost everything!
Let’s start afresh this Holi; burn away the bad food habits and pledge to making healthy food choices; eating natural foods for a better and happier life. So when you're prepping to make a healthy snack for Holi celebrations, try the delectable alternatives listed above. It will only make your Holi celebrations more joyous and vibrant.
To understand more about such healthy food please head to our blog Natural Foods That are Rich in Vitamins and Minerals. Spending time learning and practicing healthy habits is worthy of your time & will give you long-lasting benefits.