Undoubtedly one of the most loved and treasured foods of Indian culture is the Desi Ghee, and to our surprise, we now have a healthier version called A2 Cow Ghee. Do you remember getting ghee-tossed rice or adding it to your chapatis and paranthas as a kid? Ghee has been a staple in Indian culture for centuries, used to cook everything from vegetables to meats. It is a type of butter that has been cooked and clarified at low temperatures until the milk solids separate from the fat. The resulting substance is mainly comprised of unsaturated fatty acids, which makes it easier to digest than regular butter and cooking oils. It was and still is believed to be a delicious and magical food with natural cures for several ailments.
Even the Vedas mentioned this golden liquid as the first and most essential natural food ever. But the weight gain and fat myths around A2 Desi Ghee might have refrained some from consuming this superfood. Nowadays, people have a lot of options available in the market, but with all of the different varieties how do you know which one is best for you and your family? So in this blog let's take you through what is A2 Ghee and what are some of its health benefits that you just cannot miss. If you want to know more about this new miracle food, then keep reading.
What Is A2 Ghee? Is it Purer than A1 Quality Ghee?
A2 Desi Cow ghee comes from desi-bred cows that are fed only grass and hay. This diet allows the cows to produce A2 milk that is high in fat and protein, which is then used to make the ghee. Unlike regular or A1 Quality ghee which is made from A1 milk that is sourced from foreign-bred jersey cows, made with a focus on producing higher quantities. These jersey cows are genetically altered or injected in order to have more milk to maximise ghee production sacrificing quality.
It was figured that in order to retain as many nutrients as possible while producing ghee, it was essential to keep the temperatures at a minimum. To enhance this low heat preparation method, A2 Ghee goes through ages old hand-churned process and is heated at natural firewood at lower temperatures. This process makes the A2 Ghee rich in granular texture, flavorful aroma and bright fresh colour. That is precisely why it is considered a healthier alternative to regular ghee. The unique ingredient of A2 ghee, the A2 cow milk does not have a type of β-casein protein which is also referred to as A1 protein. This protein is considered harmful to the human body and has negative effects, especially on people with low lactose tolerance. What will impress you more is this ghee is also known to possess a balanced amount of nutrition for all age groups. A2 ghee comes in a variety of ranges and offers slightly different health and nutritious benefits.
What are the health benefits of A2 Cow Ghee?
So now that we are well aware of what A2 ghee is and how is it different from other regular ghee, let’s have a look at what are its actual benefits. Starting with its nutrition facts and content, it has:
- Essential macro and micronutrients
- Rich source of antioxidants
- A powerhouse of vitamins like Vit B2, B12, B6, C, E, and K
- Has Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids
- Contains healthy amino acids
Here are the top health benefits of this nutritious ghee:
- Aids Digestion: The A2 Ghee helps break down food by stimulating the secretion of digestive acids in the stomach. It also improves digestive quality by detoxifying your body and absorbing more nutrients from the food it is added to.
- Good for Heart Health: The Omega 3 healthy fatty acids in the A2 ghee helps lower cholesterol levels, which in turn improves heart health.
- Nutrition for Kids: A2 ghee for babies is as important or may be slightly more than an adult. This is because of the natural and nutritious quality of the ghee. It helps them fulfil the continuous demand for growing energy. It is also believed to increase memory and brain power, reducing the risk of neurological worries with the help of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
- Healthy alternative to Cooking oils and Butter: A2 Cow Ghee has a smoke point higher than most vegetable oils and butter. Therefore, when cooking at very high temperatures, no toxic fumes are released and the nutritional content of our food is retained. Additionally, this ghee adds a rich aromatic flavour to any food that we use it in.
- Skin Healer and Moisturizer: This ghee when applied on affected, dry or even burnt skin areas can help soothe the skin and helps ease the burning or pain sensation. If you drink 1 tablespoon of ghee daily by mixing it in your favourite drink or beverage, you can actually make your skin and hair healthy.
- Increases Immunity and Bone Density: Immunity is all about the capability of the human body to fight diseases and stay healthy. The anti-inflammatory properties of the anti-oxidants make it harder for diseases to thrive and prevent bone degeneration as well. Resulting in strong bones and body immunity.
Summary: You now have enough reasons to include this natural superfood in your healthy eating lifestyle on a regular basis. A2 Cow Ghee has no external additives, unlike regular ghee which also sometimes has artificial colouring. More and more Indian households are now shifting towards A2 ghee as their cooking supplement instead of vegetable oils and butter. Other than providing delicious flavour and taste to our food, it also adds health and nutrition to it. Now the next time you have ghee, make sure it’s a natural one. So, it not only refreshes and energizes your body, but also the childhood memories of when your mother and grandmother used to serve you delicious desi ghee-loaded parathas. And for that, you certainly need to be sure of the natural quality of the ghee that you are using.
You can be sure of its authenticity by checking the production process and other simple ways for ensuring the ghee’s purity. Find the best A2 Cow Ghee in India from Himalayan Natives that delivers you, your jar of Desi Ghee with nature’s goodness straight from the Himalayan kitchens.
After this, we think you would surely love to be guided with: The Path For Choosing The Best Cow Ghee In India
Also check this Instagram post for more awesome content for a healthier lifestyle.