What would you say if we were to tell you that nowadays more and more Indian households are using organic desi cow ghee for cooking food, applying it on their rotis, parathas and every other snack or meal? What if we told you it is still sold at an affordable price? And it is a must-have ingredient in your kitchen? Let us find out by looking at why organic ghee is so good for cooking and consumption and what makes it stand out from other regular ghee options available in the market.
Ghee is butter that has been melted and simmered until it lets go of all moisture and turns light brown in colour. In India, Ghee is often used to cook Indian curry because of its rich aromatic taste. Like all fats, ghee is also crucial for absorbing nutrient substances in food, which increases your metabolism. It's a dietary staple that has been eaten for centuries because of its fantastic health benefits, including protection from diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
What is the difference between Organic Ghee and Cooking Oil?
Let’s answer this question that we all have in mind when it comes to ghee. This is necessary for us to understand the exact quality and difference in the making of this kitchen essential. While both have their own set of uses, organic ghee is proven a healthier option as far as cooking is considered. The main difference that is carried throughout the process of making ghee is the idea of ensuring its nutritional value and freshness.
Here's a look at why should you prefer Organic Cow Ghee over Vegetable Oil for cooking:
- It’s All Natural: Starting with the basic ingredients including milk, which is naturally curdled and later this curd is turned into Desi Makkhan from which Natural Ghee is made. Unlike cooking oil, Organic Ghee is ethically sourced and produced naturally.
- Healthy Fats: Fats are important to repair cells, and regulate hormones in order to keep our body healthy. But, cooking oil has polyunsaturated fats that are not safe and certainly unhealthy for human consumption. The reason being these fats oxidize easily causing inflammation and improper body cell regulation. In the longer run, this can result in promoting diseases like cancer, heart problems etc.
- It’s Chemical Free: Vegetable oil manufacturers often make use of added preservatives and chemicals. This shortens the production process and gives a better oil-to-ghee ratio if compared to the Organic Cow Ghee. But this practice makes cooking oils hard to digest, unlike organic ghee.
- Healthy fatty acids: Also, Organic ghee contains higher levels of CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) than other cooking oils, a type of healthy fat that helps in weight loss and lowers cholesterol levels. For added advantage, the DHA and CLA in Organic Cow Ghee help increase the metabolism which in turn effectively burns unwanted fat and thus contributes to weight loss.
- Supports Body Detox: Butyrate found especially in Organic Cow Ghee is effective in balancing Vata, Pitta and Kapha in the human body and also helps in detoxification of the human body. It is also believed that the nutritive properties of desi ghee are good for building immunity to fight diseases like corona and more.
Why Choose Organic Ghee Over Cooking Oil?
We just saw how Organic ghee is a traditionally handmade natural food product which retains all the properties of pure cow milk and it absolutely qualifies as an alternative to cooking oil because it is made from grass-fed cows, contains no GMOs or pesticides, and is rich in vitamins A, D, E, K and Omega 6.
Being a regular consumer of this superfood, one should be very well aware of what kind of ghee they should be expecting and eating in their daily lives. Organic Cow Ghee adds nutrition and health to your diet as it is made with milk which is richer in nutritive value. Surprisingly, organic ghee is lactose-free and has a long shelf-life even if stored at room temperature.
Another important and useful Organic Ghee benefit is that it has a higher smoke point, which makes it ideal for cooking at high temperatures. Due to this, it doesn’t burn as quickly as other cooking oils and butter, meaning you can use ghee for frying or roasting. This gives the food a crisper and better flavour with health benefits since it comprises antioxidants. Organic ghee is rich in vitamin A, which is crucial for stronger bones, and it is also rich in vitamin D, which helps absorb as much calcium and phosphorus as possible. It also aids in bone and teeth development if consumed regularly in your healthy diet.
Where to get Best Organic Cow Ghee in India?
When you exactly know what to expect from the making, nutritional offerings and other health and cooking benefits with your Organic Ghee. It gets easier where to look, just make sure that the ghee is naturally made in organic kitchens using the traditional bilona method.
Pure-bred cows should be nurtured stress-free and fed on organic farms to help them produce mineral-rich milk that will further add nutrition to our desi ghee. You might want to avoid regular ghee, as it is made from milk that comes from cows that may have been given hormones or antibiotics for increasing their milk productivity which is unhealthy for the cows and for human consumption as well. So the next time you are looking for healthy cooking oil, be sure to give this best organic cow ghee in India a try!
Summary: Himalayan Natives Organic Cow Ghee is your go-to option for an ultimate cooking fat if you're looking for an ingredient with a higher smoke point that is free from any chemical, artificial flavouring or emulsifying agents and very flavorful and healthy. Organic ghee is also richer in vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin E, and selenium. This pure ghee is made from butter that's been boiled, the liquid evaporated and then the solids removed. Ghee is more flavorful than butter, less likely to go bad, and less susceptible to rancidity due to its higher smoke point.
Now, if you have made it this far you would surely love to read more about the Medicinal Properties of Pure Ghee.
Also, do not forget to check out this Instagram post for more exciting healthy tips and food products.