Off late, you might have witnessed that the majority of the population is shifting towards better eating habits. People are becoming more aware and adding plant-based protein and other nutrients to their daily diet. Thus, the benefits of eating flax seeds have been gaining popularity in recent decades. However, a lot of people still don't know much about them, so this blog gives you 10 awesome benefits that should be enough for you to add this nutty and dense ingredient to your diet! Flax seeds are great for your health and can be easily mixed with many meals. To your surprise, Flaxseeds have been popularly used in the past as an ingredient in bread, cereals, salads, soups and sauces.
Flaxseed is a type of plant-based food that is inexpensive and they come pre-ground, so it's super easy to use them in recipes or just eat them with a spoon. They can also be easily added to salads, smoothies or even in baking recipes. The best thing about flax seeds is that it helps in weight loss, get rid of extra cravings, or improve general health.
What are the health benefits of Flax Seeds?
One of the most important parts of a balanced diet is incorporating as many vitamins and nutrients into your daily food. To help you do the same, there are a selected few natural food products you can add to your diet, just like flax seeds and other Natural seeds. These benefits of eating flax seeds will definitely make you healthier, more energetic, and more productive!
- Better Digestive Health: The insoluble fibre content in flax seeds acts as a laxative and relieves constipation. Similarly, soluble fibre also might prevent diarrhoea by increasing the bulk of your stool with binding water in your digestive tract.
- Benefits for Skin: Flaxseeds are not only beneficial for your body but also for your skin. With an abundance of lignans and antioxidants helps in skin tightening and preventing skin sagging. They keep your skin nourished, hydrated and moisturized with the help of fatty acids.
- Helps Lower Cholesterol Levels: Recent studies have proved Flax seeds to be effective if consumed 30 grams daily leading to evident reductions in body mass index (BMI), total cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Benefits for Hair: Flaxseed gel is known to help hair grow faster and longer by providing nourishment to the hair follicles. Being Vitamin E rich, these super seeds provide nutrition to the scalp and reduces free radical damage.
- Reduces Blood Pressure: Including 30 grams of Flax Seeds may significantly lower both systolic and diastolic blood pressure levels. Resulting in improved heart health if consumed daily for at least 2-3 months.
- Helps in Managing Weight: This might come in handy for people who are trying to lose or control their weight. It is likely done by the soluble fibre content of the Flax Seeds which slows down digestion and makes you feel full for a longer period of time.
- Good for People with Cancer: Flax Seeds are rich in lignans which are a plant compound known for possessing cancer-fighting properties. Moreover, these seeds contain almost 75-800 times more lignans than any other plant food.
- Eases Arthritis Symptoms: Flax Seeds are believed to reduce joint pain and stiffness with the help of their ALA (Alpha-Linolenic Acid) content which helps aid inflammation in our body.
- Benefits for Females: Flax seeds benefits females in maintaining the normal length between the ovulation and menstruation cycles. It also helps to keep the hormonal balance in check.
When and How Much Flax Seeds to Consume Daily?
Well, it's not like you can’t have Flax Seeds any time of day. But there has to be a specified moderate quantity and routine for you to reap its health benefits the right way. For that, the recommended quantity of flax seeds is 1-2 tablespoons a day. You can consume flax seeds both in the morning and at night.
However, some of the benefits of eating Flax Seeds might be more effective at different times of the day. For example, since it’s high in fibre and protein, it seems sensible to consume them in the morning as it boosts your metabolism and provides you energy for the day. Whereas, consuming it at night will help you feel full due to the high levels of tryptophan and omega-3 fatty acid content in flax seeds.
From Where to Get These Super Seeds?
Flax seeds are one of the healthiest things you can put in your body. You'll not only enjoy their great taste but also benefit from their healthy fats and anti-inflammatory properties. Imagine starting your day with a cup of healthy Flax Seeds tea with high nutrient density, a good replacement for your coffee. And maybe add some extra nutrients to your diet by sprinkling them on top of your salad or overcooked dishes or even work them into your breakfast spread.
With all that said and keeping in mind, it gets equally important to get your hands on pure and natural Flax Seeds online. There might be a number of options out there in the market for Flax Seeds but you need to make sure that the Flax Seeds you are getting are raw and unprocessed, they should be naturally farmed and harvested just like Himalayan Natives do it. Make sure that the nutrient content is intact and that there is no use of external additives to extend the storage life of these super seeds.
Summary: If you are looking for a nutrient-rich food that can help improve your overall health, look no further than flax seeds. With a host of benefits ranging from improved digestion to cancer prevention, there is no reason not to add this little power seed to your diet. Did we mention they are also an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids? So what are you waiting for? Go and buy some flax seeds online today!
Seems like you have made it this far, if you are interested in more exciting and healthy info check out this blog on more such power-packed seeds: Chia Seeds vs Basil Seeds
Also do not forget to go through this Instagram post for an extremely tasty and healthy Flax Seeds smoothie recipe.